5.16.2010

Pesto Chicken Penne Casserole

If you ask me...it's Olive Garden Worthy.

I tried this delish recipe tonight, and needless to say, there was barely enough for leftovers.

Give it a try!



3 c. cooked cubed chicken breast
1/2 pkg. penne pasta
1 1/2 c. fresh baby spinach
2 c. italian cheese blend
1/2 can crushed tomatoes
1/2 jar Alfredo Sauce
5 oz. prepared pesto
3/4 c. milk
1/4 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/2 Tbs. olive oil

Cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile in a large. bowl combine the chicken, cheese blend, spinach, tomatoes, alfredo sauce, pesto, and milk. Drain pasta an add to chicken mixture; toss to coat.
Transfer to a greased 9x13 pan. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and oil; sprinkle over casserole. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 min. or until bubbly. ENJOY!!

1 comments:

The Felsted's

You are brilliant! I made this tonight for Dave and he ate thirds! I had seconds too. I'm so happy for you Rye! You are such a great bargain homemaker. I want to be just like you! Hope everything is wonderful!